Content Language Specialist – American English
Booking.com | August 2016 – Present in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
I localize, edit, and create commercially savvy content for the American English version of Booking.com’s B2C and B2B products – the website, apps, email marketing, social media channels, destination content and travel guides.
- Localize and proofread copy for A/B testing for the US market.
- Support other teams / departments with editing and writing for content creation projects.
- Maintain consistency and high quality of Booking.com’s products via product checks and quality assessments.
Texas Senate, Engrossing and Enrolling | January 2015 – June 2015 in Austin Texas
- Examined and evaluated legislation in a group setting by reading orally, manually verifying bills, resolutions, and amendments, and correcting documents as necessary.
Copy Editor / Page Designer
GateHouse Media | June 2014 – January 2015 in Austin, Texas
- Copyedited and proofread pages and rewrote headlines.
- Designed clean, compelling copy on deadline for newspapers across the United States by utilizing InDesign, InCopy, and NEWSCYCLE.
- Collaborated with editors and other designers to produce content and promote a team-oriented work environment.
ARTnews | August 2013 – April 2014 in New York, New York
I assisted the ARTnews Editorial team with maintaining and producing content for print and online publication via WordPress. My primary responsibilities included fact checking, copy editing, proofreading, and the promotion of magazine content on social media.
- Additional assistance: Composed emails and other correspondence to secure rights, images, materials, and information, gathered research materials for articles, and created “Retrospectives” for ARTnews magazine by compiling past articles and selecting notable content.
Intern | Editorial, Publicity, Contracts
Farrar, Straus and Giroux | January 2013 – May 2013 in New York, New York
At FSG, I worked as a rotational intern in the departments of Editorial, Publicity, and Contracts.
- Editorial: Read and evaluated manuscripts, submitted reader’s reports, drafted rejection letters, and secured rights for content reproduction.
- Publicity: Collected and cataloged clips, reviews, and press releases, built contact lists for galley mailings and potential pitches, organized author expense reports, prepared mailings and seasonal launch materials, and assisted with FSG events. I also contributed to FSG’s Twitter at @fsgbooks via #FSGpoetry, #LorcaNYC.
- Contracts: Reviewed permissions, corresponded with applicants, drafted contracts, and filed contracts using Bradbury Phillips Rights Management Software.
Education Department and Programs Consultant
Bronx Museum of the Arts | January 2011 – January 2013 in Bronx, New York
For two years, I worked with BxMA’s Education Department to cultivate relationships between the Museum and the Bronx community.
- Conducted outreach in Bronx schools and community organizations and assisted with museum tours, classes at Bronx schools, and the coordination of programming like the Museum’s Group Visits Program and Family Affair – a seasonal afternoon Saturday event for families.
- Prepared mailings, distributed materials to teachers and administrators, generated financial reports for BxMA’s smARTpower initiative, and performed other office tasks.
- Designed a new system to archive text, film, and artworks which documented both present and past museum exhibitions, BxMA programs, and developmental meetings.
Independent Curators International | May 2012 – July 2012 in New York, New York
Independent Curators International (ICI) produces exhibitions, events, publications, and training opportunities related to contemporary art. In the summer of 2012, I worked with the Communications department on the planning, execution, and follow up of these projects. As Communications Intern, I promoted programming, events, and the ICI identity on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, maintained press archives and databases, and provided other general administrative assistance. Additionally, I created and maintained ICI’s online publications roster.
Art and English Language Teaching Volunteer
Roderik van Voorst School | April 2016 – August 2016 in the Emmeloord, the Netherlands
- Worked with elementary school children in small groups to develop their conversational English skills with a focus on Dutch art and art history.
Education and Interpretation Intern
Corning Museum of Glass | June 2015 – August 2015 in Corning, New York
- Created and edited a project plan, style guidelines, and accompanying instructional materials for the renovation of the Museum’s online Glass Dictionary – to be used by staff across departments, as a means to improve existing CMoG scholarship.
Other: Free Arts NYC, Harris Hill Soaring Corporation, 32nd FAI World Gliding Championships in Uvalde, Texas, 7th FAI Junior World Gliding Championships in Musbach, Germany, the National Soaring Museum.
Bachelor of Arts, English Language & Literature
September 2010 – January 2014 in Bronx, New York
- Activities: CURA: A Literary Magazine of Art & Action, the paper Fordham University’s student journal of news, analysis, comment, and review
Autry Technology Center
January 2015 – August 2015 in Enid, Oklahoma
- Learned to use Adobe system tools like InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator